Lee is a Functional Patterns Certified Human Biomechanics Practitioner.
Cody Welchlin’s martial arts journey began in Praying Mantis Kung Fu with Master Gin Fu Mark at the age of seventeen and quickly transitioned to Jeet Kune Do and Kali after a weekend seminar with her martial arts idol, Guru Dan Inosanto. Motivated by Guru Inosanto’s influence she continued her training under one of his top instructors, Guru Rick Faye at the Minnesota Kali Group. At the Kali Group, Guru Faye gave her expert training in a variety of arts as well as the opportunity to train under top martial artists such as Guru Dan Inosanto, Ajarn Surachai Sirisute, Guru Diana Rathborne, Guru Greg Nelson, Sensei Erik Paulson, Ishmael Bentley and Phil Norman.
With their help she has traveled, trained and competed with some of the best martial artists all over the world. From her two decades of experience she has found that teaching, above all, has been her greatest reward. She now focuses her time on sharing her passion of martial arts in hopes of being able to help others reach their goals and chase their dreams just as her instructors have done for her in the past.
• Experienced Professional MMA Competitor
• Naga and IBJJ Champion
• Thai boxing and BJJ Instructor Under Greg Nelson
• CSW Coach Certificate Under Sifu Erik Paulson
• Instructor Under Rick Faye
• One stripe purple belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu
• Experience Training Law Enforcement and Loss Prevention Staff Under Rick Faye, Cabot Welchlin and Diana Rathborne
• Guest Instructor at Tom Brown’s survivalist camp
• Well versed in the arts of Filipino Boxing, Arnis/Eskrima/Kali
• Women’s and Children’s Self Defense Instructor for Public Schools and the YMCA